History

cropped-cropped-scan-162770001.jpgOriginally known as Kiddies Camp, Camp Evergreen was founded in 1926 by Charles E. Broughton as a summer camp for under-privileged children. In the mid 1950’s, Kiddies Camp changed the focus of its programming to help meet the recreational needs of our communities’ children and adults with cognitive disabilities. The name was changed to Camp Evergreen in the 1980’s to better reflect our commitment to young and old alike.